Welcome, Terri! I’m glad you’re on my blog today. I’m going to have to try the Fireside Punch, it sounds delicious! We have Elf on the Shelf, too, for my granddaughter. She loves it!
Terri is giving away PDF copy of ALONE NO MORE and a $10 Amazon gift card. a Rafflecopter giveaway.
1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Um… neither! I prefer Fireside Punch. *see recipe below*
2. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? Listening to Handel’s Messiah with my mother while cooking.
3. What is your favorite holiday song? Baby It’s Cold Outside – LOVE love love this song.
4. What is the most important thing about the holidays for you? Spending time with my family.
5. What do you leave for Santa? Cookies & milk, of course! With 3 little kids there’s really no other choice.
6. Do you have a real or artificial tree? REAL tree is a must. I need to smell that evergreen to get into the Christmas spirit.
7. What tops your tree? A lit red star.
8. Do you wrap as you go or do you do a marathon wrapping ‘party?’ Party all the way! Although now that my kids are getting old enough to ‘look’, I should probably start wrapping as I go.
9. What is your favorite holiday book? Elf on the Shelf. Again, it’s the kids thing. *wink*
10. What is your favorite holiday treat (pie, cake, cookies, etc)? Any & all. I’m a food lover just as long as raw tomatoes aren’t involved.
Fireside Punch Recipe
2 ½ cup Cranberry Juice
2 cup Pineapple Juice
2 cup Water
¾ cup Brown Sugar
2 Cinnamon Sticks
2 Tablespoon Whole Cloves
Simmer all ingredients for ½ hour. Serve hot.
Dismissed from her job as a scullery maid and cast aside by her lover, pregnant Cara Morland has no choice but to return to her father’s farm. While lies of widowhood keep her from disgrace, Cara is faced with a local landowner’s unwanted attentions. Without the social status to do much more than avoid the vile man, she loses hope of ever finding happiness.
A friendship based on mutual loneliness blossoms between Cara and James Elliot, a young farm hand hired by her father. He offers his protection, and one shared kiss reveals his heart, but propriety and her feigned grieving period hinders what they both desire.
When Cara’s stalker learns the truth of her circumstances, he gives her an ultimatum—submit to his possession or he’ll ruin her second chance at love with James.
Reminding myself to breathe in the soil-scented air, I held my chin high as I rounded a blackthorn hedge. Our three-room cottage came into view. It being a Monday, white sheets and clothing waved in the sunlight peeking through the low clouds.
Papa followed his oxen-pulled harrow in the field to my left, his back to me. Mama knelt in the fenced-in kitchen garden on the opposite side of the house.
Pulse thundering, my chest tightened and I swallowed down rising nausea.
Papa reached the far end of the field and turned the oxen. He halted the beast and raised a hand above his eyes. I waved, forcing my lips to turn upward as he hurried across the field. “Cara!”
Mama’s head whipped up. She pushed to her feet, brushing dirt from her hands. Moving much slower than Papa, she exited the garden and strode down the lane.
Papa reached me first and stopped short of touching me. “What are you doing home, child?”
“S…Sir Linton relieved me of my duties.”
His dark brow furrowed, wrinkling the skin around the cornflower blue eyes I had inherited. “What happened, lass?”
I glanced over his shoulder at Mama and clutched the sack in front of my stomach.
Lips pursed and brown eyes blazing, Mama tucked her arms beneath her ample bosom. “Cara.” She greeted me with no warmth. No open arms.
Terri started writing stories in the 8th grade, when a little gnome whispered in her brain. Gundi’s Great Adventure never hit the best seller list, but it started a long love affair with storytelling.
Today she enjoys an escape to Middle Earth during the rare ‘me’ moments her two young daughters allow. When not playing toys, picking them back up, or kissing boo-boos, she can be found sprawled on the couch with a book or pencil in hand, and toothpicks propping her eyelids open.
Purchase Links: will be emailed closer to my Dec 18th release date.