DEADLINE COMING SOON!
ALASKA CHAPTER of ROMANCE WRITERS of AMERICA presents
The 7th annual
Alaska Break-Up Contest
Every year, here in Alaska, we undergo a phenomenon we lovingly call Break-up. It’s when the ice and snow finally melts away, and the darkness of long winter nights gives way to even longer summer days. Do you have a break-up scene or dark moment in your romance manuscript? If so, we would love to see it.
Instead of the same opening pages most contests evaluate, we look at pages from the “darkest moment” in your manuscript. Our feedback is the best! Enter today!
1. Submitted manuscripts must be unpublished, and must be received by midnight May 1st. 2014 (published authors allowed as long as entry is not published.)
2. Enter your best, most tension filled break-up or darkest moment scene. Entry must not exceed 10 pages. All categories and heat levels welcome. Please include a set-up scene (1-3 pages) to assist judges in understanding entry selection. Set-up scene does not need to be a full synopsis, only a set-up, and will not be judged.
3. You may submit more than one entry. Each entry must be separate and complete with appropriate fees and signed agreement.
4. All submissions will be judged by AKRWA trained judges, RWA PRO members, and published authors. The Final Judge will be acquiring editor, Tessa Woodward, from Avon.
5. Winning 10 page entry will be submitted for a personal critique by New York Times Best Selling author Cherry Adair. Second and third place winners will also receive 10 page critiques from USA Today Bestselling Authors, TBA.
6. All submissions will be returned to the author with judges’ comments.
7. Winners will be announced on the AKRWA Web site by July 1, 2014.
Deadline: May 1, 2014
Not open to members of AKRWA
For submission and payment guidelines, visit the contest page on our Web site at: